WE’RE HIRING: Medical Coordinator/ Vet Tech
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No-kill animal shelter located in Elmwood, Jefferson, seeks experienced Vet Tech with exceptional organizational skills.
This is a full-time position with a minimum of 30 hours. Hours can include mornings, some evenings and weekends.
Applicants must have references and at least 6 months experience working in a vet clinic and/or animal shelter.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Assessing/Monitoring the health of animals.
– Managing the volunteer meds team, which includes making a monthly schedule for morning and evening shifts.
– Completing at least one meds shift per week
– Completing intake for new animals including: initial assessment of health, approximation of age, microchipping, and issuing vaccines and dewormer. Candidate must be able to administer shots and be willing to learn to microchip pets.
– Issuing monthly flea and heart worm preventative.
– Liaising with fosters to bring in animals for vet checks and vaccinations.
– Arranging weekly spay/neuters of animals.
– Keeping track of which medications/supplies need to be ordered.
– Reviewing and replying to medical concerns from volunteers, staff and fosters.
– Scheduling and/or accompanying animals for vet visits.
If you feel that you want to make a difference for homeless animals and gain valuable experience in the animal health care field, this is the job for you. Only experienced and serious applicants need apply. We are mainly volunteer based and very committed to our animals.